Part I & II Project Management Fundamentals Certificate
|Dates:||April 28 - May 8, 2014|
|Meets:||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM, 9 sessions|
|Location:||UH Downtown Campus 722N|
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
Part I - Tools and Techniques (24 hours, 24 PDUs)
You will learn to:
- Effectively initiate, plan, execute, control, manage risks and successfully close your projects.
- Define stakeholder requirements and set realistic goals and objectives.
- Organize your projects using a work breakdown structure.
- Allocate resources and develop a capacity plan.
- Develop schedules and realistic budgets.
- Control and report on single or multiple projects.
- Identify, analyze, and manage project risks.
- Use these tools to create the desired behaviors in project team members and stakeholders.
Part II - The People Side (16 hours, 16 PDUs)
You will learn to:
- Understand leadership skills and techniques.
- Create, build and lead your project teams.
- Learn your problem-solving style and how it relates to others.
- Motivate and empower team members.
- Develop effective communication plans for both internal and external communications.
- Learn Situational Leadership - how to rapidly change your leadership skills to meet the needs of both the situation and the people being led.
This Certificate Program includes 7 workshops in Part 1, as well as a 60 question on-line assessment of your baseline PM skills and an action plan for improvement. Part 2 includes 4 workshops and personal tests.
Instructors for this class are:
Bill Doescher, Principal Consultant, Global Business Management Consultants
Dr, Dave Adkins, Senior Partner, Global Business Management Consultants
Week 1: Part I - Tools and Techniques
- Mon. - Thurs. 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM and Saturday 8AM to 5PM
Week 2: Part II - The People Side
- Mon. - Thurs. 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
University of Houston Downtown Address:
One Main Street
Houston, TX 77002
Note: More information with room number, directions, parking instructions, etc. will be sent to students about one week before class begins. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this information.