Part I & II Project Management Fundamentals Certificate
|Dates:||April 28 - May 8, 2014|
|Meets:||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM, 9 sessions|
|Location:||UH Downtown Campus 722N|
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
Find other dates for this class
Part I - Tools and Techniques (24 hours, 24 PDUs)
You will learn to:
- Effectively initiate, plan, execute, control, manage risks and successfully close your projects.
- Define stakeholder requirements and set realistic goals and objectives.
- Organize your projects using a work breakdown structure.
- Allocate resources and develop a capacity plan.
- Develop schedules and realistic budgets.
- Control and report on single or multiple projects.
- Identify, analyze, and manage project risks.
- Use these tools to create the desired behaviors in project team members and stakeholders.
Part II - The People Side (16 hours, 16 PDUs)
You will learn to:
- Understand leadership skills and techniques.
- Create, build and lead your project teams.
- Learn your problem-solving style and how it relates to others.
- Motivate and empower team members.
- Develop effective communication plans for both internal and external communications.
- Learn Situational Leadership - how to rapidly change your leadership skills to meet the needs of both the situation and the people being led.
This Certificate Program includes 7 workshops in Part 1, as well as a 60 question on-line assessment of your baseline PM skills and an action plan for improvement. Part 2 includes 4 workshops and personal tests.
Instructors for this class are:
Bill Doescher, Principal Consultant, Global Business Management Consultants
Dr, Dave Adkins, Senior Partner, Global Business Management Consultants
Week 1: Part I - Tools and Techniques
- Mon. - Thurs. 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM and Saturday 8AM to 5PM
Week 2: Part II - The People Side
- Mon. - Thurs. 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
University of Houston Downtown Address:
One Main Street
Houston, TX 77002
Note: More information with room number, directions, parking instructions, etc. will be sent to students about one week before class begins. Please contact email@example.com if you do not receive this information.