Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:How do I create a new user account?
What courses do you currently offer?
How do I register for a course?
Which methods of payment do you accept online?
What do I do if my class is cancelled?
What is the cancellation and refund policy if I am unable to attend?
S.T.E.M. Summer Camp Cancellation and Refund Policy
AP® Summer Institute Cancellation and Refund Policy
How do I cancel a registration?
If I am unable to attend my registered course, can I transfer to another course?
What do I do if I've lost my password?
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
How do I create a new user account?In order to register for courses online, you must have an account with UH University Outreach. Creating an account also gives you online access to view your registration history, change your address and more.
You can go to our Sign up page to create a new account. Note: you must have an email address to set up an account with us.
What courses do you currently offer?Select one of the Lookup Courses links (in the left navigation bar) to see the list of courses we currently offer.
How do I register for a course?To register for a course:
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in on our Course Listing page.
- Add to Cart - click the Enroll Yourself button to start the registration process.
- Logon - log on to the system. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Select Course Options - select the course fee options (i.e. select registration fee, add optional fees), and enter additional information requested, if any (i.e. t-shirt size, etc.).
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Enroll in Another Course button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. Otherwise, continue to step 6.
- Proceed to Checkout - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Cart, click the Proceed to Checkout button to continue the registration process.
- Make Payment - edit your personal information if necessary then click the Payment Service button to continue on to our Payment Service to make your payment.
- Registration Confirmed - when you are finished with the payment process, the Transaction Completed page is displayed notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
Which methods of payment do you accept online?Our online payment system accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
What do I do if my class is cancelled?We reserve the right, when necessary, to cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. If we must cancel your class, you may request a full refund. We will notify you at least 48 hours in advance if we must cancel a class.
What is the cancellation and refund policy if I am unable to attend?If you need to cancel your registration and do that at least 3 business days before the start of class, you will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations received after the refund deadline, unless otherwise indicated for special programs.
The S.T.E.M. Summer Camps have a different Cancellation and Refund Policy, shown below.
The The AP® Summer Institute courses have a different Cancellation and Refund Policy, shown below.
S.T.E.M. Summer Camp Cancellation and Refund PolicyRegistrants must submit cancellation 30 days prior to the camp start date in order to receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. A 50% refund will be granted for cancellations submitted after the 30 day point. Cancellations submitted 2 weeks or less leading up to the camp start date will not receive a refund.
AP® Summer Institute Cancellation and Refund Policy
All AP® Summer Institute refunds are subject to a $50 administrative fee. All cancellation requests must be received in writing to email@example.com. Notification deadlines and fees are as follows:
For All June Institutes - Week One and Two:
- Refund minus a $50 administrative fee will be given if written notification is received by May 22, 2017.
- No refunds will be issued after May 22, 2017.
For All July Institutes - Week Three:
- Refund minus a $50 administrative fee will be given if written notification is received by June 19, 2017.
- No refunds will be issued after June 19, 2017.
How do I cancel a registration?You cannot cancel a registration online. To cancel a registration, you must contact:
*Please include your full name and address, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course code, title, and dates) and a day time phone number where we can contact you.
If I am unable to attend my registered course, can I transfer to another course?You may transfer a registration from one course to another by notifying the Registration Office at least 10 business days prior to the start of a program. Only one transfer is allowed. The registration may be applied to any other noncredit course University Outreach offers. Should the fee for the replacement course be less than your original selection, we will refund you the difference minus a $25 handling fee.
If your alternative selection has a higher fee, you must pay the difference plus a $25 handling fee. (The handling fee does not apply if you are transferring your registration from a course we canceled to another course that has not yet begun.)
What do I do if I've lost my password?You can send a request for your password to be sent to your email address on our Lookup Password page.
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled, visit the Registration History page then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours/ceus/grades earned